Emergency Medical Services Gaseous Fuel Vehicle Safety Training
Many times Emergency Medical Services personnel are first to arrive at the scene of an automobile incident. Their knowledge of alternative fuel vehicles, how they work, and how to safely assist vehicle occupants can be a critical need to keep both EMS and the people they pledge to protect safe. AFV Educate's Emergency Medical Services Gaseous Fuels Vehicle training does just that, helping these first responders do their jobs correctly and safely.
Each gaseous fuel has its own requirements in fueling, storage, flammability, and fire suppression based on its configuration and properties, and needs to be addressed based on those unique parameters. This course will address the needs of EMS personnel on understanding how the vehicles operate, their key components, their fueling system, and how to correctly identify them at the scene of an accident.
Taught by a responder instructor, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the different gaseous fuels, including CNG, LNG, and LPG
- Summarize how gaseous fueled vehicles operate
- Describe the different types of gaseous fueled vehicles
- Outline gaseous fueled vehicle safety systems
- Categorize gaseous fueled fueling stations and their safety systems
- Understand gaseous fueled vehicle identification techniques
- List procedures for disabling and immobilizing gaseous fueled vehicles
- Understand fire response and gaseous fueled vehicles
For more information on how to bring this training to you and your team, contact us here at AFV Educate.